Thank you for following me xx

Wednesday 21 February 2018

Make Your Own Background - Simon Says Stamp DT

Good afternoon lovely peeps!
The fluey virus is doing the rounds again here & I am fit for nothing at the moment. I will fully admit I am one of the worse patients ever when I am ill & do feel sorry for hubs as I get grumpy as I hate wasting precious time & think of all the things I want to be doing instead of annoying myself by having no energy & feeling rubbish lol.


It's Wednesday which means -

 at
& this week our challenge is
MAKE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND

& this week the design team are featuring
Lawn Fawn logo
products on our cards.
If you have them we would love to see them but as always it's not compulsory to use them to enter our challenge.
Don't forget you can enter our challenge 5 times and there is no limit to how many challenges you combine your entry with.
Do you use Instagram?  If so, please add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too. 


This weeks card features Lawn Fawn's Colour My World stamp and die set. For a change I used water colour paper & gave the background a wash of colour using Shaded Lilac distress ink refill which I had watered down, & once dry I stamped & heat embossed the crayons in white embossing powder & then coloured them using Daniel Smith's water colour palette
The sentiment has been stamped using Simon Says Stamps Blue Violet ink pad & I stamped one crayon in Stazon on a separate piece of water colour paper which I water coloured, die cut & popped on foam pads beside the sentiment.

It would be fair to say this is not one of my favourite cards & I never want to see it again as it almost went in the bin twice after having two accidents making it! 
The first being when I went to add some darker shading to the background just around the embossed crayons & I ended up spilling my just opened ink refill onto it & it survived by me quickly swiping wet wipes over it a few times. 
The second was when the card was pretty much finished & me being an air head didn't think about the texture of the water colour paper & added some Violet Galaxy crystal drops which would have looked nice had they not spread into horrid weird shaped blobs! They had to be quickly and carefully removed & thank goodness I had some pearls in my stash & one was large enough to cover the big wonky pearl blob mark as if I hadn't the card would have been in the bin & there wouldn't have been a DT card from me this week as I just don't have the time, patience or energy to make another lol.

 Supplies used -

As always our lovely Heidi is sponsoring our challenge with a $50 voucher for the fabulous 




I'm entering my card in the following challenges -
Crafty Creations - anything goes, Crafting From The Heart - anything goes,  Inspiration Destination - anything goes, Lemon Shortbread - anything goes, Creative Moments  anything goes, The Crafty Addicts - anything goes, Create & Makes - anything goes


Thanks for stopping by

9 comments:

  1. Well you would never have thought it was a nightmare cos it looks great, fab save with the pearls though !
    Hope you're feeling better lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun set, Mandy! Love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This almost went into the bin? You little nut! It is beautiful and fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mandy what a pretty card and I do like the background.
    Thank you for sharing

    Hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those colored crayons look absolutely awesome!! Love your design, Mandy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love those crayons, brilliant background with them.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Mandy, I am so glad you persevered with this as the end result is fabulous :-) very cute :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so great card!
    love it!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehe! LOVE these smiley crayons, Mandy! SO CUTE!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins